LSVT BIG, LSVT LOUD and Parkinson’s Wellness and Recovery (PWR) are researched based, targeted exercise programs for people with Parkinson’s disease and other related disorders. BIG and PWR! moves are delivered by our certified physical therapists and LOUD is delivered by our certified speech therapist.
- LSVT BIG, LOUD and PWR! moves therapists receive specialized training and are certified to deliver a plan of care unique to you
- Treatment sessions are one on one and typically last 45-60mins
- The program requires patient commitment and includes a daily home exercise program
Goal of therapy
- Promote neuroplasticity and neuroprotection to slow disease progression
- Recalibrate motor output to produce larger, faster movements to walk better in the home and community, fall less, stand taller, move without hesitations and freezing, transfer and move around in bed with more fluid movements
- Empower persons with PD to expect more of themselves and to not limit their life choices
- LSVT LOUD trains people with PD to use their voice at a more normal loudness level while speaking at home, work, or in the community. Key to the treatment is helping people “recalibrate” their perceptions so they know how loud or soft they sound to other people and can feel comfortable using a stronger voice at a normal loudness level.
- High Effort
- Large Movements and Loud voice
- Continuous Activity
- Progressing Complexity
- Personally Established Goals
- Self-Monitoring Performance
To learn more about PWR! Moves click here: PWR